Wednesday, January 24, 2024

the eyes have it

Question: How do you mark the passage of time?

Answer: Check the font size.

I hadn't realized just how long it had been since regularly dropping by here let alone adding something to the conversation. Until I noticed not the date but the sudden, surprising enlargement of the type I was selecting. However, that wasn't evident to me until I took the long view back where teeny tiny type once filled the page. This time around I hadn't thought twice before clicking Medium to suit myself.

The last time I noticed a change was decades ago when I accused book publishers of shoddy printing and poor quality control. How else to explain the blurry text? Enter reading glasses.

No, I take that back. It was this past year when I cracked open a paperback bought at a library book sale a couple of years prior and couldn't comfortably read it...or any in the stack it came from, even wearing glasses. Enter an e-reader with font control.

I give. Put me down for medium.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home