Wednesday, March 25, 2020

silence


I've made attempts to pick up again, even if only to determine why I haven't been back. These are bits and pieces for a post that never came together. Nothing stuck, and three years later...

2017 musings: working draft that ended up published

There's white space. There's absence. There's breathing room. Then there's silence.

How to account for the years passing without comment here? There's
no accounting...thus no account. Sometimes years pass without noticing or at least without noting.

2011, hmm? Six years and change. Right, six years and a lot of change. None of which made it to these pages.

No excuses, no false promises, no particular expectations...maybe a toe in the water today?
_ _ _

I once changed jobs, extending my commute to about two hours a day. That quickly became tiresome but the only two places I'd consider moving to were the city or near the ocean. Both would have been reasonable commutes but not affordable. Instead I found a quiet, old apartment -- with a deliciously deep tub and a fireplace -- accessible to the city by subway and two miles from a beachfront promenade. I settled in for years of a blissfully short commute, but after too many years on the road, no visits to that beachfront, and some major upheavals, life got ahead of me.

Time passed.

I moved here five years ago -- a few decades, various homes and what feel
s like many incarnations since that initial dwelling -- and only recently did I remember my long ago desire to live by the ocean. Can it really be that all things come to those who wait? Who knows, but today I live in a beach town, three minutes' walk to the sandy shore and a never-ending ebb and flow.
_ _ _

...then life took over and this thread remained unfinished. Maybe.

March 2020: And now a new forum has emerged. Same voice. Different place. Different take? Perhaps. We'll see. Come on over to the slow lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home