Thursday, November 19, 2009

peace

I spent the other day rearranging the bedroom. It was a seemingly spontaneous act preceded only by having attempted to sort and de-clutter a bit the day before. Quite unrelated, later I had watched a DVD about feng shui* before returning it to the library and suddenly could imagine my space-challenged room in a different way.

So I embarked on the next stage of what was quickly emerging as a grand experiment -- shifting furniture, dusting and vacuuming as I went. (Notice that I hadn't said I'd really cleaned the previous day.) And amazingly everything works in the new configuration. Full disclosure: a good third of the room still needs attention, but baby steps... One feng shui premise is not placing your bed directly in line with the door. Duly noted and corrected despite my skepticism that it would fit elsewhere.

However it appears that I'm on a slippery slope. I just quickly Googled feng shui + bedroom to see if I'd correctly stated that point about bed position, having already returned the DVD to the library. Now it seems that I should not have put a plant in the room. It looks great to my eye, but presumably plants don't work well unless the room is large. Hmm...

This all started because the DVD promised peace and harmony and my word for that day was... you guessed it, peace. I hoped that the bedroom might actually feel more peaceful and my nights more restful, and that has been the case so far. So I think I won't let my blissful state be shattered by too much precision and nit-picking. Still, I just added the plant this afternoon and if I'm restless tonight, it's outta there tomorrow.


* Feng shui: creating environments for success and well-being / Feng Shui Productions ; Wellspring Media ; producer Deborah Gee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home