Tuesday, August 01, 2006

double standard

Just visited someone else's blog and noticed that her last entry was in mid-June. I tried reloading the page, hitting links like mad thinking that I'd find a fresh, new, more recent posting. Nope. And then I began to make up stories...

She's a cancer survivor and makes no bones about sharing her (inner and outer) experiences whether cancer-related or not. Her entries are vividly life-related which is why I enjoy them so much. Soon after discovering her blog, I began to care about this woman and her journey. So now I'm concerned and haven't worked out how to say that there. Am I being superstitious or overly cautious? Words have power and I can't decide which ones to use.

Somehow I have this code that it's okay for me to drop out of sight -- cyber or otherwise -- for weeks and yet I automatically expect others to be right where I left them when I return. Hmm... Life happens and even though I dropped the thread of Appletini Times for a while, now I want to know that she's okay, busily living her life with the zest and courage I've seen so far.

Maybe the best and only thing is to ask the simple question How are you? That's all I really want to know, otherwise I'll continue to make up stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home