Thursday, July 06, 2006

hiatus

No apologies or lengthy explanations...sometimes I just need to let life pass without commentary or my own narrative. And so it did.

What's grabbed my attention in the meantime:

Sat today wondering what a "condom gt" was. Saw it in someone's email address. Finally my eyes adjusted and realized that it was condo mgt. Ah.

Never underestimate the power of a single lady bug who's adopted a rose bush. She's been the answers to my prayers and my aphids' worst nightmare.

Why do things always happen on holidays when no one is around to fix them? On the 4th of July it was awakening to find a small fruit bat peacefully snoozing in the folds of my sheer window curtain. All's well and he, I supposed, exited in a most humane way a few hours later. I live in a high-rise -- go figure. (They do hang upside down just like in horror films!)

A peace lily (spathiphyllum) that wasn't doing very well has flourished since I removed another plant from the pot they'd shared for four years. Neither had been its best, and now the spath has borne its first flower. What does that say about life in general?

Walked out one day after torrential rains and found a bumble bee on the balcony floor, its big black body like armor and still. Wondered if I should see if it was dead or alive then saw a micromovement. Quandary: try to help it or just let it be (no pun intended). Decided to leave it alone rather than make matters worse. Moments later when I turned back, it was gone. Perhaps sometimes it's wisest to hunker down in the face of life's storms and wait them out.

Dream fragment: A man was sobbing at the death of his wife and their unborn child. He showed me a crumpled letter he'd been reading and I broke down. It was to him from the daughter he'd never met and was all the sadder to me because it was in her own words.

There's a tab on this page - Moderate comments. I agree, moderate comments are probably best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home