Sunday, February 20, 2005

don't ask

Some days are like that. Just spent time carefully crafting my entry and lost it all before I could post it. Makes sense, though.

"You should have an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea." Pablo Picasso

I intended to treat this place as one where I could simply write and meander as the spirit moved me -- and invite you to join me. But, of course, my ego got involved and insisted on checking my grammar, spelling and wanted to tweak things repeatedly until there was no life left in it. I got caught up in trying to make it right or correct, and lost it. A noble impulse, but stifling -- and to no avail as it turned out. I guess it was inevitable.

I can only hope that I don't have to go through this every time just so that the universe can teach me another lesson. Better it should just send an e-mail or leave me a message.

Show up, pay attention, tell the truth, and let go of the outcome. I'll keep trying. Repeat after me, "It's the journey not the destination..." Still, it's a pain sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home